Well, Yikici snuck up behind me and tagged me, so without further pause, here are the answers to the questions. To be followed by my fellow tagees…
1. Where did the inspiration for writing your WIP come from?
A couple different sources. Once upon a time, a movie called Stand By Me (Yes, Stephen King’s “The Body” short story) inspired me to think, “I can do that.” In the movie, Chris Chambers tells Gordy in no uncertain terms that he is meant to be a writer. That it’s a gift and not to lose it, because kids lose everything unless they have someone willing to keep them at it. It was like his character was speaking to me. It’s the first time I said to myself, that’s what I want to do. Then I happened on a movie about angels. Things twisted together into a camping trip among friends where heaven and hell come into play like a chess match. Thus “The Angel” was born.
2. Any interesting tales about your muse?
Hmmm….sometimes I can bribe it with chocolate, but mostly it perks up with coffee.
3. Your muse; fab/frustrating/inbetweener?
All of them.
4. Why do you write?
I used to do so for therapy but now, I would say because I love to tell stories, to take readers down different paths, to make them laugh, cry, cringe. There’s nothing more rewarding than this job.
5. If you could enhance one of your senses, which would it be?
The sense of taste. Due to a childhood accident part of my taste buds were damaged. It always my least favorite sense to use in stories but I’m working on it.
6. When you are not creating what do you do?
I’m a single mother of two.
7. Ask yourself a question –now answer it.
What’s my favorite character I’ve written? I love them all but the one I’m editing at the moment for LATWD (Thomas Skyhawk) is so charming and funny, I have to admit, he’s got my attention. LOL. In fact, the entire yaff critique group loves him…
8. How long is a piece of string?
Depends on where you cut it.
9. What was the last dream you saw?
I was running–I don’t recall where–and I was tackled by someone or something.
10. In a film about your life, which actor would play you?
11. What’s your motto in life and also your work ethics?
Be there for people. Keep the faith, do your best, and in the end, smile.
1. Daymare or Nightmare?
2. How many books/short stories/poems/songs etc. have you written?
3. What genre is your current wip?
4. Do you have someone in your live who keeps you on track with your stories? Give them a shout out!
5. Do you write what you know, or stretch your imagination, or both?
6. Who would you like to see on a coin/money?
7. What’s your favorite place to write and why?
8. What would you describe your “Voice” like? I.E. Southern gothic…
9. Do you mix genres? Which ones?
10. If you could move anywhere in the world where would it be?
11. What book (craft or otherwise) have you learned the most from?
There you have them! No tag-backs. Lol.