I am totally grateful to W. Chaser for stopping by my blog during Rache’s Fourth Platform Buidling Campaign and liking my blog enough to award me. I’m both surprised and humbled by it. This blog started off as “the little engine that could.” I knew no one outside of my yaff group but slowly, I’ve been picking up readers here and there. I’ve learned to embrace writing my blog and those that stop by in a way that amazed me. You see, I’m a pretty shy person but when I sit down to write–a whole new side emerges that is ready to take on the writing community. I’ve learned so much from other writers out there. From Kristen Lamb, I learned to post twice a week to increase traffic, and I’ve gained so many friends by doing so. When I write, I write what strikes my heart and though I feared it wouldn’t be enough to draw other readers in, it worked. I try to go back and forth with a book review and a writing related item each week. This week, I’m behind on the review due to some unexpected medical problems.
There have been many, many bloggers that have helped me along the way, and I’d like to give them a shout out by handing them out awards as well. At the top of my list are, of course, the ladies of YAFF which I can’t begin to express what their help and support have meant to me over the last year and a half now. They are:
Go visit their websites if you would and show them some love!!
I also nominate:
The Bookshelf Muse (for the wealth of information they’ve taught me)
Now then, the first award up is The Sunshine Award. In order to claim it, the nominee and I must: a. Thank the person who gave it and provide a link to them. b. Write a post about it. c. Answer the questions below and d. Pass it on to 10 bloggers you know and who you really enjoy reading.
Answers to 10 questions–
1. Favorite color: violet.
2. Favorite animal: horse.
3. Favorite number: 7.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: water. Lol. It’s good for you, I hear.
5. Facebook or Twitter: hard to decide. I like them both for different reasons.
6. My passion: definitely writing. I couldn’t imagine not doing this. I love it.
7. Getting or giving presents: giving. I love to make people happy.
8. Favorite pattern: diamond.
9. Favorite day of the week: Saturday. The weeks behind, it’s not Sunday and ending, and heck it’s fun and relaxation time.
10. Favorite flower: wildflowers.
In order to claim, here’s what my friends and I need to do:
a. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
b. List 7 interesting things about yourself.
c. Nominate 7 (I’m sticking with the 10) other bloggers for the award
Okay, here’s my 7 interesting (well, hopefully so) things about myself–
1. Writing was my salvation after a bad marriage.
2. I keep getting nominated for the Who’s Who Award. Lol.
3. My first 3 books were based on a soap opera I made up for my Barbies.
5. I got a fishing hook injury above my eye from my brother.
6. I always keep a light on within the middle of the room at night. Comfort from bad dreams.
7. I sometimes “scare” myself when writing scenes. I guess that’s a good thing though, what with writing horror.
I’d also like to add a shout-out to a newcomer to YAFF: Stephanie Sauvinet.