Thanks to Jenny Keller Ford, I’ve been awarded The Paperclip Award. Here are my questions to answer:
1.When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Famous. Lol. I just always wanted to be in the lime light–an actress, dancer, singer. I used to write my speeches out in acceptance of awards–who knew that I’d be accepting them today as a writer?
2. What is your ultimate favorite place to be?
At home with my family. I enjoy learning about their days and sharing precious time with them.
3.Name one famous person who inspires you (just one).
In a previous award, I named Stephen King, so I’ll go with Marion Zimmer Bradley. I just loved her fantasy novels and when I submitted to her magazine, she actually wrote encouraging words to me. That she took a moment of her time to do so, remains with me all these years after her death as do her intricate, magical worlds.
4. Tea or coffee? I used to revel in tea for my morning drink, but cappucinos came along and coffee has become my all-time favorite.
5. If you could be any other person for 48 hours, who would you be? J.K. Rowling, just to know how she approaches her writing, to learn about her as a person (I’ve heard she’s done some fantastic charity work), and to know what’s it’s like to live in a castle. Lol.
6.What is your earliest memory: Gosh, my memory is thatthick (lol). Um, I was convinced I was adopted. My family was just way to normal…lol.
7. If you could ask anyone, living or dead, anything, who would it be? And what would you ask? I’d ask my grandfather on my mom’s side about his family as I work on genealogy and it’s so frustrating to find such slim leads. I would about his Cherokee mother and her story.
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever done? Walk away from a world of violence.
9. What is your favorite book? Different Seasons by SK for The Body story within.
10. Briefly explain one of the weirdest dreams you have ever had.
Hm..Well, it involved cougar teeth, a creature that tore flesh of a skeleton ate it and also slurped up the blood. Yes. It’s where I get my ideas. Lol.
11. What song best describes you? (Feel free to post a utube video.)
The above song reminds me of growing up in the country. It’s sad though.
Then there’s this ones which lifts me up to being a little risky in life:
12. Pen or pencil?
13. Is 13 an unlucky number or not?
Not for me. My daughter was born on Friday the 13th.
And here’s who I’m passing the award off to: