- https://ultimatefantasywritersguide.com/stv1/ Watch this video! The key to being original is creating great characters!
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/30/legends-of-windemere-ritual-of-the-lost-lamb-volunteer-request/ Volunteers to promote a book needed.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/31/have-you-gone-too-far/ Question on how far you’ve taken characters.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/04/utopian-versus-dystopian-look-at-two.html Two different controlling governments plus a hybrid.
- https://saraletourneauwriter.com/2017/03/30/happy-march-2017/ Spring and its effects.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/03/vlog-on-creating-conflict.html What do you do to create conflict for your characters?
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/03/on-nurturing-creativity-and-preserving.html Protect your writing time.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/03/indie-spotlight-voracious-reader/ A group of eight-to-eleven year-olds who love pizza and books.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/03/on-learning-from-what-you-read.html Do you analyze books as you read? I go through each scene or chapter and break them down noting p.o.v. and setting, doing a two-line summary, figuring out the type of scene, and considering if I’d read on and why. This learned from James Scott Bell’s Plot and Structure.
- http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2017/03/guestopia-kidlit-author-anne-booth.html MG Author interview.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/04/elizabeth-eulberg-author-of-just.html Do you really know the people online?
- https://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/what-i-learned-from-michael-hauge/ “A writer’s job is to create emotion in the reader.”
- http://mfrw.blogspot.com/2017/03/sign-up-now-mfrwauthor-52-week-blog.html Are you up to the challenge? Join Marketing for Romance Writers.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/03/31/the-main-event-how-to-choose-a-convention-right-for-you-and-your-brand-by-heidi-cullinan/ Know your strengths and needs.
- https://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/stranger-than-fiction/ Topics or themes parallel to your world.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/release-party-for-lara-archers-hold-me-close/ How a story passed between others for an anthology came about.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/local-library-tea-romance-writers/ Libraries and tea parties. I enjoy tea in the afternoon, it’s always been my favorite beverage. I drink coffee in the morning, but tea will always be special to me. I just received a lovely tea cup from my nice with a little tea-shaped spoon holder. Its darling.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/be-voice-not-echo.html The trick is to not write from the pulpit, so to speak. Write from the heart through your characters.
- https://stevelaube.com/when-proposing-series-novel/ What’s the rules on series?
- https://stevelaube.com/life-hands-platform/ Is your brand limitless?
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/5-tips-for-creating-first-dates-for.html Do you know how to create tension in first dates for your characters?
- https://writerofftheleash.blogspot.com/2017/03/3-ways-writing-book-is-like-parenting.html You have to let them grow.
- http://www.booksandsuch.com/blog/prepare-agent-interview/ Some notes to have.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/28/the-writers-toolbox/ Every single book poses a different challenge. That, I find, is true. I’ve written ten now and each has a unique problem to fix. Short stories are the same for me. As are poems. Writing enlightens us as we go along, though sometimes, it takes longer to find the solution than others.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/03/arthur-wellesley-first-duke-of.html Two term Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/03/before-almacks.html THE place to be during the Regency period.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/30/what-makes-historical-fiction-tick-with-author-rhys-bowen/ Let them experience the time period themselves instead of just telling them about it.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/03/29/writing-the-inspirational-historical-how-much-is-too-much-ruth-kaufman-2/ Have you added religion to your historical? It was a big part of history.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/03/horse-heredity-in-dark-ages.html Warhorses only belonged to the wealthy.
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/lovecrafts-five-definite-elements-part-4-what-makes-it-scary/ How to bring out the horror in a tale. Great tips such as watching scary films and freezing them at scary points. Study the scenes. Write them down. Repeat with another film.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/5-must-read-horror-articles-27-march-2017/ Resident Evil 7 Part 1.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/news-round-up-week-ending-24-march-2017/ First look at the forest movie Redwood.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-140-betty-rocksteady-on-like-jagged-teeth-bizarro-and-arachnophile/ Can a man fall in love with a spider?
- http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2017/03/cutting-out-time-links.html Editing elsewhere and some publishing links.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/5-must-read-horror-articles-27-march-2017/ Scenes that almost made it in Jason versus Freddy.
- http://annerallen.com/stress-and-burnout/ Stress feels awful. Burnout will stop you in your tracks. Some things you can do to help with either. A lot of times, personally, reading helps me with stress. It gets me away from the problem for a while and I can come back and face it renewed. Burnout is tougher. You have to find something to spark the interest again. An old series either television or books might help, something to get the creativity going.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/03/how-to-fill-the-gaps-in-your-plot.html Use signposts and index cards to fill the in-between sections of your story. I do a loose outline, a skeleton, I call it then I go back through and start fleshing it out with possibilities. No idea is useless, they all help to inspire what happens in the story. Of course, some you discard, but they help you get where you’re going.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/always-shouts-out-something-obscene/ How much do you like revealed in your stories?
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/assassinations-that-make-me-scared-and-afraid/ A common theme.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/cleaved-by-sue-coletta/ Antlers and Stephen King?
- http://mysterysuspence.blogspot.com/2017/03/author-guest-post-laura-childs.html She gets her ideas for characters from those around us.
- https://johnwhowell.com/2017/03/25/stream-of-consciousness-saturday-prompt-march/ Forward March.
- https://saraflower.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/sally-chapter-fourteen/ Another good one!
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/31/the-healer-a-short-story/ A dragon and a blood witch.
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/03/hand-selling-how-to-kill-it-at-book-and-comic-conventions/ Tell it like a story.
- https://unicornbell.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-accidental-short-story.html Writing the short story can help you figure out your character.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/03/29/lilith-saintcrow-when-a-short-story-wont-stay-short-for-long/ Have you had a short story turn longer?
- http://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/31/fairy-orbs-flicker-a-tanka/ Fairy lights.
- https://erikakind.me/2017/03/31/song-of-the-day-490/ Play that song.
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/haiku-friday-spring-fresh/ Scented Spring.
- http://johnwhowell.com/2017/03/31/friday-johnku-aka-tgif-87/ Soul connected.
- https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2017/03/self-publishing-carnival-of-the-indies-issue-78/ Some great links here. Designing your Amazon page. How to get the most out of Amazon ads. Book cover design.
- https://kobowritinglife.com/2017/03/25/word-power-words-to-use-instead-of-good-an-adventure/ Imaginative. Wonderous.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-news-strength-to-strength/ New conferences coming up around the world.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/opinion-what-is-self-publishing-success-anyway/ Comparing yourself to other books sold doesn’t accomplish anything.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/sallys-cafe-and-bookstore-new-on-the-shelves-author-c-s-boyack/ Come see Craig and his selections.
- https://litworldinterviews.com/2017/03/31/self-publishing-and-formatting-quick-tips/ A helpful guide!
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/revision-workshop-day-twenty-six.html Fix any pronouns that aren’t clear.
- http://www.parajunkee.com/2017/03/28/book-signings-101-what-i-learned-from-a-year-of-signings/ What to do for book signings.
- https://chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/first-five-frenzy-with-kelly-van-sant-of-d4eo-literary/ How important is the first line in a story?
- http://www.publishing-hub.com/2017/03/the-ego-versus-revision.html Allow yourself time to think, consider, and act.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/revision-workshop-day-thirty-one-do.html Maybe take a break before this final look-through of your novel.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/31/choosing-the-best-length-for-your-story/ Knowing what change you intend to do in the story is how you choose the length.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/26/edgar-cayce-and-the-fairies/ What are your thoughts?
- http://writeonsisters.com/writers-life/writer-struggles-isolation-loneliness/ Getting out can be helpful.
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2017/03/toward-civilization.html Civilization is about working together.
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-colour-of-life-the-devil-finds-work-1936-by-geoff-cronin/ Sweet cans.
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/meaningless/ Meaningless friendships.
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/03/26/scrivener-tips-pt-2-compiling/ Compiling conundrums.
- https://jolenemottern.com/2017/03/25/socs-march/ One step closer to Spring!
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/03/26/meet-guest-author-andrea-torrey-balsara/ Overcoming darkness.
- https://janefriedman.com/myth-print/ Some figures print versus digital. Who’s the winner?
- http://annieneugebauer.com/2017/03/27/what-ive-learned-from-charting-over-500-poems/ A better organizer than me!
- https://querytracker.blogspot.com/2017/03/what-is-success-in-publishing.html How do you measure success? I think it’s different for each of us. In a way, I hope I never find myself a “success” because that might mean I’d quit trying and I always want to be able to put my stories out there. Of course, I do hope for readers!
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/do-sensitivity-readers-hurt-or-help-our.html Do sensitivity readers have the opposite effect of what their purpose is meant for?
- http://writewithfey.blogspot.com/2017/03/reactivating-my-creative-self-monthly.html Does depression get you down?
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2017/03/what-if-scale-wasnt-the-goal.html What if you started in the other direction?
- http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2017/03/manual-dexterity-revisited.html A well-turned phrase is always in style.
- https://maeclair.net/2017/03/27/are-you-missing-out/ Authors, do you have a media kit?
- http://www.brenda-drake.com/2017/03/pitch-wars-success-story-meghan-mentor-kelly-siskind/ Life after pitch wars.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/03/5-years-of-wits-a-celebration-and-you-get-the-presents/ Best posts and chances to promote or pimp out a book.
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/03/31/untangle-your-fingers-try-scriveners-auto-complete-list/ More on scrivener.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/03/30/emotional-beats-analogies-metaphors-and-similes-part-1/ When you need just the right detail.
- https://journeytoambeth.com/2017/03/30/thursday-doors-bath/ Doors to a magical shop?
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/03/31/editing-101-31-referring-to-technology-in-your-writing/ Stick to the basics!
- http://mollydcampbell.com/index.php/2017/04/a-book-in-hand/ How to write a book.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/doctors-day/ A doctor with a BIG heart!
- https://stacitroilo.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/curated-content-31-march-2017/ Some good links.
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/04/01/take-heart-encouragement-for-authors-guest-post-by-cynthia-reyes/ What all writers need to hear!