- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/women-in-sff-month-week-2-schedule-and-week-1-summary/ Some posts you may have missed. Sarah Ash. Rin Chupeco, Cassandra Rose Clarke.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/04/now-im-24.html Turning points.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/04/13/the-voices-that-never-fade/ Grabbing hold of ideas when small ones are around.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRykKK8Q4Q&feature=em-subs_digest Are you asking the right question of your characters? Another great episode from Ingrid’s Notes!
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/04/environmental-issues-harry-potter-do/ How to dress up Earth Day.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/04/so-you-just-got-agentnow-what.html What to do when the new wears off.
- http://www.brenda-drake.com/2017/04/pitch-wars-success-story-tobey-forney-mentor-laura-heffernan/ Cutting manuscript and adding a character.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/04/spies/ Spies in MG.
- http://www.superauthors.com/2017/04/question-of-month-what-are-you-looking.html What do you like most about Spring? The beauty in the surroundings.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/3-tips-to-write-novel-experience.html Write what you DON’T know. It makes things more interesting.
- https://stevelaube.com/point-agent-interested-indie-author/ What it takes to get an agent interested in an Indie’s career.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/5-reasons-to-tell-instead-of-show.html Story is king.
- https://stevelaube.com/the-danger-of-discouragement/ Keep your faith.
- https://writerofftheleash.blogspot.com/2017/04/national-library-week.html Visit your library!
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/09/vimy-ridge-april-9-1917-battle-nears-the-end/ What happened.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/04/editors-weekly-round-up-april-9-2017.html History of the printing press. Robin Hood. And a battle forgotten.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/13/successful-historical-fiction-maggie-scott/ The best ones blend history with characters true to their time.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/04/mary-i-her-mothers-daughter.html Faith sustained her.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-142-alasdair-stuart-on-pseudopod-comics-and-audio-stories/ Starting out on podcasts and what he’d do different.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/5-must-read-horror-articles-10-april-2017/ Non-Barker films.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/news-round-up-week-ending-7-april-2017/ Embers and The Gap in the Light.
- http://www.briankeene.com/2017/04/14/eating-the-fantastic/ Collaborations and moonshiner roots.
- http://annerallen.com/author-newsletter-vs-author-blog/ I’ve struggled with this for too long! I’m going to just use the blog for my advertising when it happens. I don’t want to spam others. I signed up for too many giveaways in the last couple months and I’m totally regretting doing so. Some newsletters come 2-3 times A DAY and when you’re getting twenty or more, it keeps me from reading my blog subscriptions like I want to so that I can pass those on to others. So, I think I’ll be emptying out my inbox. I don’t want to be mean, just realistic on how many emails I can answer.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/04/create-mystery-not-confusion-in-the-opening.html Some thoughts of opening with an action scene.
- http://writeitforward.com/the-ny-times-elitism-and-populism-which-is-more-harmful-to-the-arts/ Touching the brain and the heart.
- https://maeclair.net/2017/04/13/guest-blogger-sue-coletta-acknowledges-the-experts-who-help-with-research/ What it takes to write a mystery. A boatload of research!
- https://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/rrbc-2017-springtime-book-blog-block-party/ Contests! Follow along!
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/these-are-the-stories-of-edgar-allan-poe/ The foundation for the modern detective story.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/ah-spring/ Can Spring be taking a detour?
- https://saraflower.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/sally-chapter-sixteen/ New plans.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/04/to-write-or-not-to-write-short.html Benefits of short story writing. Also novella.
- /writephoto-enigma-your-fault/ A married couple—petrified.
- https://scvincent.com/2017/04/15/firing-the-imagination/ Flash fiction. Fun to write. Sometimes it sparks a longer work.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/04/14/the-ritual-of-the-lost-lamb-forbidden-for-a-reason/ Binding a god.
- https://chimerapoetry.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/the-devils-playground/ House of cards.
- https://johnwhowell.com/2017/04/14/friday-john-ku-aka-tgif-9/ Try something.
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/haiku-friday-wonder-spy/ Doomed to night.
- https://erikakind.me/2017/04/14/daily-kind-quote-475/ Dig deep.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/04/15/memory-fragments-a-haibun/ My time with you.
- https://nailyournovel.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/before-arrival-appreciating-story-of-your-life-by-ted-chiang/ A technique this writer pulled off.
- https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2017/04/week-blogs-april-1-7-2017/ Book cover. Self-publishing advice. Identify your reader profile.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/04/kindle-unlimited-is-it-worth-it.html This article finds KU worth it. What are your thoughts? Do you prefer to go wide?
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/04/14/embedding-amazon-previews-on-your-website/ Courtesy of Story Empire and Harmony.
- https://stacitroilo.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/curated-content-for-writers/ Posts for this week at Story Empire.
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/04/15/are-slow-writers-doomed-to-fail-in-the-digital-age/ A good repeat!
- https://janefriedman.com/opening-scene/ What you need for a strong opening chapter.
- http://www.livewritethrive.com/2017/04/13/8-tips-for-writing-success-from-a-writing-genius/ David Foster Wallace.
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/04/oops-hold-on-youre-newbie-is-showing/ Are you making these mistakes?
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/04/12/the-problem-with-blurbs-or-how-i-got-my-reading-groove-back/ With deadlines and life, sometimes you have to say no.
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2017/04/who-cut-down-the-last-tree.html When do we speak up? When everything is gone?
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/04/is-a-writers-association-right-for-you/ Are you part of any writer’s organization? Is the cost worth it? I’m in a limited budget situation. Right now, I can’t justify it and then there’s the whole Indie vs. traditional. Which is treated better? I feel they should be equal.
- http://www.magicalwords.net/specialgueststars/guest-post-alexandra-christian/ Alexandria Christian answers question.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/04/14/authorgraph-ebook-directory-personal-messages-to-readers-d-g-kaye/ A way to autograph ebooks.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/04/how-to-request-a-reversion-of-publishing-rights/ Steps to revert rights from a traditional publisher.
- http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2017/04/14/tips-for-writing-memoir/ One of the most difficult genres to write.
- http://jolenemottern.com/2017/04/13/thursdaydoors-kincaids-or-not/ To the butcher’s or sea front?
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/04/14/lost-your-scratchpad-here-it-is-in-scrivener/ How to use your scratchpad.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-news-end-of-an-era/ No Allie at Book Expo.
- https://mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/3-quotes-henry-james/ I like the second!
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/sallys-cafe-and-bookstore-author-book-reading-and-interview-d-g-kaye/ What it takes to write a memoir.
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/measure/ Where a man stands.
- https://jolenemottern.com/2017/04/14/lets-talk/ Do you have problem with speaking programs? I.E. Dragon? They can never figure out what I’m saying. This may be a problem for future speaking events or author signings! Lol.
- https://sdgateswriter.com/2017/04/13/h-hydration-exactly-why-do-i-have-to-drink-so-much-water/ Water’s many benefits. Which I need to remember.
- http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2017/04/humor-satire-and-wit.html What one person finds funny, another may not.
- https://scvincent.com/2017/04/12/invitation-/ Come guest with Sue! I’m going to try and come up with something for her even though I’m nervous that I’m not interesting enough.
- https://stacitroilo.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/words-old-and-new/ Technology has brought advances in words to us. Check these out.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/10-positives-about-living-with-ms/ Trying different things.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/fatherless/ How father’s make an impression…even when they’re not there.
- http://kriswrites.com/2017/04/12/business-musings-mushroom-publishers-and-the-tsunami-of-crap/ How books are made popular.