- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/06/monthly-summary-may-2017.html Some fun fan things.
- http://www.magicalwords.net/roundup/magical-words-link-roundup-5-31-2017/ David Farland on Honorable Mentions and more.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/05/31/powers-of-the-windemere-sky-fantastic-fliers/ The flying city.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/06/are-ya-and-adult-category-books-that.html The four differences between YA and Adult category books.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/06/megacon-orlando-2017-report.html Have you been to a convention?
- http://scbwimithemitten.blogspot.com/2017/06/michigan-kidlit-advocate-debbie.html Do you need a guide for your MG & YA projects? This sounds like a neat idea!
- http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2017/06/weaving-in-normal-abnormal.html Add a character new to the environment.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/06/writing-101-ill-make-you-offer-you-cant.html Don’t settle for any agent, get the right fit for you.
- http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2017/06/youre-worth-it-chooseyou-over-bad.html Four tips to improve your self-worth.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/06/02/create-characters-your-reader-will-care-about-by-liz-fielding/ Get your readers to identify with the heroine, that’s the key.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/stretch-your-wings/ Top ten tips for introverts at a conference.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/05/birthing-book.html In today’s market, you must work to sell your book.
- http://www.booksandsuch.com/blog/4-qualities-strong-author-legacy/ What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind with your books? I hope to bring hope to my readers in whatever genre I write in.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/06/a-little-known-saint-from-dark-ages.html Dorchester on the Thames, seventh century. Rise of Christianity.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/06/baginbun-irelands-hastings.html The Norman conquest.
- http://annieneugebauer.com/2017/05/30/catharsis-empathy-and-putting-ourselves-in-our-fiction/ Thousands of pieces of ourselves go into our characters.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/news-round-up-week-ending-2-june-2017/ Twice Upon an Apocalypse and more.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tod-013-david-bowles-these-dark-borderlands-of-flowers-poetry-blood/ The problematic nature of aliens in sf.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-149-jon-padgett-on-the-secret-of-ventriloquism-weird-fiction-and-eckhart-tolle/ Scaring the reader and creating a sense of dread.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/05/deeper-thinking-about-writing-your-scenes.html Do you know how to make your scenes play off each other and have a purpose throughout the book?
- http://annerallen.com/writing-rules-vs-writing-guidelines-do/ Some things to consider. Advice on everything from pantsing or outlines to style sheets.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/06/the-corporal-works-of-mercy.html Take time to help those in need.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/a-handy-tool-to-help-you-choose-books/ Could you use a tool like this?
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/cause-i-aint-quite-as-dumb-as-i-seem/ Those that pretend to be less than bright in an investigation. Matlock, per se.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/06/interesting-publishing-trends-to-watch-in-2017.html Collaborations and more.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/dystopian-shopping/ What’s in the shop, I wonder.
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/haiku-friday-please-tease/ Trying to be all.
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/writer-in-residence-lord-byron-mad-bad-and-dangerous-to-know-by-paul-andruss/ Lord Byron, mad?
- https://cmblackwood.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/castles-in-the-air/ Damsel in distress.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/opinion-take-your-time-to-self-publish-well/ Don’t rush, do it right.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/going-wide-ebook-distribution/ Going wide wins big.
- https://storyempire.com/2017/06/02/curated-content-for-writers-june-2nd/ Author Media Kit Part 4 and more.
- http://www.livewritethrive.com/2017/06/01/challenges-authors-face-in-getting-reviews-for-their-books/ Has anyone tried this service? Did it work?
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/06/character-motivation-thesaurus-escaping-homelessness/ Ways to get out, other info.
- https://chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/first-five-frenzy-with-kari-sutherland-of-bradford-literary-agency/ More on those queries and first pages.
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/06/theme-the-marrow-of-your-story/ Theme is what our story means.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHreqqCkEM&feature=em-subs_digest The wrap-up of Traditional vs. Indie. Ingrid has given me a lot to think over. I love these little videos of hers that explain the different pros and cons to each.
- http://bookendsliterary.com/2017/05/22/series-authors-should-stop-writing-the-sequel/ Are you writing the second or third or more in a series? Unless your Indie publishing, here’s why you should consider waiting. I’ve done this many times and perhaps that’s something I need to hold back on in the future until the time’s right.
- http://nelsonagency.com/2017/05/5-qs-authors-dont-ask-but-should-when-an-agent-offers-rep/ Some good ones here, I wouldn’t have thought of.
- https://janefriedman.com/literary-agents-approach-diversity/ Are agents accepting diverse books? Should writers write toward this trend? I do in my books, not because I feel obligated, but because there are different people in our lives, why shouldn’t there be in fiction as well? Anyone can be a hero.
- http://theeditorsblog.net/2017/06/02/when-characters-are-affected-by-events/ Do the changes dramatically alter the character by the end?
- https://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/amazon-has-a-fake-book-problem/ Are fake books a problem on Amazon?
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2017/06/greatest-hits-are-exhausting.html Is popular best? I usually go for works not that well-known. I find them more intriguing.
- https://jessicabakkers.com/2017/06/03/three-commonly-made-writing-mistakes-and-how-to-avoid-them/ Not treating yourself like a real writer. Writers write. Nothing else matters. If you write, you are a writer.
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/daily-post-109/ Quotes from sex symbols.
- https://mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/3-quotes-malala-yousafzai/ Books can capture injustices.
- https://scvincent.com/2017/06/03/the-tomb-and-the-missing-skull/ Henry and Elizabeth.
- https://cmblackwood.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/i-miss-you-daddy/ Saying goodbye.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/undergrounded/ New York.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/06/02/dont-advertise-with-amazon-until-youve-read-this/ Targeting your book.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/06/summer-reading-pimp-and-promote/ Promoting each other.
- https://journeytoambeth.com/2017/06/01/i-protest-internationalchildrensday/ Such a sad situation. I wish there was more to be done. Of course, there is but is it enough? I particularly love how Joyce Meyer Ministries goes into these places and helps bring fresh water and food not to mention education to the children.
- https://tarasparlingwrites.com/2017/06/01/5-booky-and-bloggy-things-i-need-to-tell-you-sloppily-slapped-together/ In which, further prove that digital sales have not dropped.
- https://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/2017/05/31/motivational-inspirational-wednesday-rrbc/ How do you handle panhandling? I’ve lived at a poverty level for the last nine years. It’s what keeps me from Indie publishing at the moment. I have two children and am a single parent. Both my children are now of age. Although finances will begin to improve shortly, I risk losing my insurance in the future due to that. I’m on disability and have pre-existing conditions. When I need help, I go to organizations. I do help when I can but as said, I donate to organizations not individuals unless I personally know them.