- https://culturevultureexpress.wordpress.com/2018/03/23/spaceship-broken-by-russell-nohelty-review/ The book follows the story of a young boy, our protagonist Sammy. The story is told from Sammy’s point of view. Sammy has had a difficult start in life and has seen more pain already than most people see in a lifetime. His father has abused his mother on countless occasions and his mother decides to get Sammy and herself away from him. Eventually after running out of money and fears arising about Sammy’s terminal lung condition, they go and stay with her father and Sammy’s grandfather. Soon Sammy meets a young girl called Yva and a young boy called Frank. The three become friends and Yva soon confides to Sammy that she has started building a spaceship to get back to her planet. For the first time in his young life, Sammy has fell in love with his new alien friend Yva and the feeling is mutual and he becomes hell-bent on helping her get back to her planet even though he really doesn’t want her to go.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/bookreview-the-hat-by-c-s-boyack/ The Hat keeps collecting good reviews. Have you read this one yet? Check out what Robbie had to say about it. While you’re there, she has a fun collection of books herself, and they have recipes to go with the stories.
- http://phsolomon.com/2018/03/24/writing-news-the-bow-of-hart-saga-to-be-published-in/ The Bow of Hart Saga has been completed and out for a while. During recent months I have entertained options for audio publication. I’ve recently been offered an audio contract and I’m thrilled to announce I’ve signed with Podium Publishingthis week.
- http://www.parajunkee.com/blog/2018/03/23/consort-of-secrets-adult-reverse-harem-goodness/ In Chase’s CONSORT OF SECRETS the promise is five men. The main character Rose is a witch, in a world that knows they sort of exist, but does not openly admit their existence. Rose was friends with a group of boys as a child, a young girl on the verge of womanhood. Her father and stepmother on discovery of her friendships tore her away and forbad her from seeing these boys. Now over ten years later she’s back, engaged, but she can’t forget her boys. When she returns home, she discovers they haven’t forgotten her either.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2018/03/a-book-review-of-red-by-ted-dekker.html “We have stepped off the cliff and are falling into madness.” Thomas Hunter is caught between two shocking realities, each facing a meltdown of epic proportions. When he dreams in one world, he awakens in the other. In one reality, Thomas is a respected military leader urgently trying to deliver the vastly outnumbered Forest People from an agonizing calamity that will end life as they know it. In the other, he’s trying desperately to work with the world’s top leaders to stop the release of the deadliest airborne virus ever created.
- http://teripolen.com/2018/03/23/the-writers-reading-corner-tony-riches-amreading-tudors-historicalfiction/ As I write Tudor historical fiction, I have an extensive collection of reference books but few offer me such a compelling sense of the times as the Sharlake series by CJ Sansom. Set during King Henry VIII’s progress to York in the autumn of 1541, Sovereignshows the darker side of Tudor life.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/book-review-the-detained-by-kristopher-triana/ His earlier work has drawn praise from sites like Publisher’s Weekly and Rue Morgue, while Jack Ketchum referred to his forthcoming novel Full Brutal(Grindhouse Press, 2018) as “compulsive reading”.
- https://jennykellerford.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/hold-on-to-your-pantaloons-phoenix-descending-is-going-to-take-you-on-a-wild-ride/ Since the outbreak of the Phoenix fever in Drothidia, Tori Kagari has already lost one family member to the fatal disease. Now, with the fever threatening to wipe out her entire family, she must go against everything she believes in order to save them—even if that means making a deal with the enemy.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/circumstances-of-childhood-on-lisaburtonradio/ When a former pro football star and broadcaster, now a Wall Street maven is accused of insider trading, will he be able to prove his innocence and expose those who are guilty?
- https://libraryoferana.wordpress.com/2018/03/21/writer-wednesday/ Well, at least my story is. The one I wrote on the fly, inspired by the chosen cover. So the guy on the cover is Alain, Bran’s latest fledgling, and you’ll see more of him probably in the next novel that will come out in November as usual. Not the first time that I write inspired by an artwork (photo/painting/drawing/sculpture) whether I did it or someone else did it.
- http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2018/03/book-release-celebration-tick-tock.html Themed anthologies are a great way to become acquainted with new writers and reconnect with those writers you enjoy. This newest one from Dancing Lemur Pressoffers an exciting variety of styles and some “against the clock” tales to keep you reading.
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt-memoir-castles-in-the-air-by-lambertnagle/ Using letters and journal entries, this book traces the life of the author’s mother, Molly, from her childhood in Hong Kong and Malaya, through marriage and motherhood, detailing her career in nursing, living in New Zealand and her struggles in adult life.