The Blogger Recognition Award
This award was totally unexpected and I’m both excited and thrilled to accept it. I was nominated by Sally Cronin over on Smorgasbord-Variety is the Spice of Life. I did this in my Christmas post already, but I wanted to again thank those that read my blogs, that comment on them, and that promote them. I couldn’t do this without my faithful readers and the new ones that come along to join the site.
Participation is optional. Here’s my award for your journey.
First, the Rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
- Thank you again, Sally Cronin of Smorgasbord-Variety is the Spice of Life.
- You’re reading it, lol.
- How my blogs got started: Where Genres Collide or TraciKenworth.com came first, of course. Although, I believe I called it a couple other names before settling on the last. I started it way back in 2009 as part of the YAFF members Muse stories series. We posted every third or fourth Wed. I believe. I started reading other blogs about that time, liked what I saw, and began experimenting with content. The links are more recent. I used to have two sets, one for romance and more adult fiction and one for YA & MG. When I broke off the LoletaAbi.wordpress.com, I took the romance and such with it. It came about as I wanted to explore writing for an adult audience. Country-Lane-Home-at-the-Cottage.com started because I wanted to share recipes, books, dollar hacks etc. and perhaps have a means to some financial help as well.
- Two pieces of advice: Experiment with your blogs. It’ll help you find your audience. Don’t give up! Even when it seems a slow climb, you’ll get there!
I’m going to open this to whoever wants to do so.