Beauty and the Person
Beauty touches every human being whether we realize it or not. Oh, not the makeup but the part of us that shines within our souls. There, we’re all unique. Growing up, I spent a lot of time running from who I was. I was convinced if I could just find the right concealer, the right lipstick everything in my life would change. Nowadays, I don’t usually wear much makeup. Instead, I hope that who I am emerges through it all.
Pieces of the same girl remain but not the whole. I’ve lost fragments here and there. Everybody does. It doesn’t matter if you have freckles, braces, or a big lump on your face. You’re still you. Still loveable. It took me a long while to realize this, to believe it. They’re right when they say that some people’s heart blares through in opportunities presented to them. Those are the real heroes. The ones that can reach out to the hurting, the vulnerable.
The essence of who we are, what we’re willing to give to make ours and others lives better begins to develop when we’re just a small child. We learn certain responses get us rewards. It’s not until we break free from what’s expected of us however, that we truly develop our individuality. Who we’ll become is important because when it’s all said and done, what you make of yourself inside that soul is what counts.
We want people to be proud of us. Sometimes, that happens easily. More often, it takes work. Even a person so far gone from the grid can turn their lives around. It might take a lot of time and more road than we have, but you can get there. I’m not proud of all the decisions I made in my life, but I stand by who I am and the two children I raised. They gave me a better future because they made me fight to find that truth, that hope inside myself.
Just the other day, I saw the truly awfulness we can be inside an old lady at the store when she thought I’d cut in front of her in line. I’d been waiting over twenty minutes for my meds, and they called me. She considered me a bastard among other things, shaking her fist and flipping me off without even letting me explain. I have never been confronted by an older person like that before. Oh, I’ve seen mean, yes but not such hatred. I don’t know why it was there, only that it shocked me. And that she could get others behind her in a place that wasn’t even the line to attack me as well, I just know that that isn’t how I want to live.
All pruned up and ready to assault another person because I think they’ve offended me. I was in the process of having my order stapled up when she started her rant, and I heard them call for security. I took my order and headed out, wishing her a good day. It was hard to say that after everything she’d said to me. It reminded me of my past and other times I’ve run up on such cruelty. You never see it coming. It’s like kicking a dog. That poor animal doesn’t even realize what they’ve done to harm you. They don’t get it. Don’t live like that, please. It’s not good for anybody. Least of all, yourself.
Put your good into everything you do. It’ll win you peace. Not to mention, less wrinkles. Why are we so concerned with the outside of our person when it’s the inside that houses who we are? We store our love there to be showered on others. We hold on to the wisdom we’ve learned, the fun we were offered. Life is meant to share there not bottle it up. When we stop giving a piece of ourselves to those around us, we start to die, I think.
We’re not meant to be hermits, left to our own devices. That’s what makes me so sad when elderly people are shut off from their loved ones later in life. We all need each other to stay alive, to hope, to find a reason to go on. It’s easy to give up when you think no one cares any longer. There’s nothing to bring you back. Don’t exclude anybody from gatherings if you can help it. You just might change a life, open their heart. They might’ve been kept from others for so long they forgot what it was like. How to participate.
That goes for younger participants as well. You never know what teenager is isolated and needs to be drawn back into the fold, to feel someone cares. They might be getting less and less from the emotional stage of their time in school, in sports, whatever. A job they took might not be working out. Dreams they have might’ve been put on hold for financial reasons. Find a way to make them believe again, to make them soar.
It’ll come back to you tenfold. All this time we’re here on Earth could be used for something better. To help others. To bring them back to life, to spark their dreams again. It’s never too late for anyone. It just takes a helping hand. That reaching out and bringing things back to the beauty and person inside themselves. We’ve all got a reason for being a reason to go on. It’s in that face next to you, in that hand you hold. Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Live. Rejoice. And let those dreams grow. You won’t regret it, and neither will they.
Some products that you might like. I may receive a small compensation from the seller.
- Honey Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010FOFHEY?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=68430cddf5a2b4835fbc9407ac345499&content-id=amzn1.sym.53aae2ac-0129-49a5-9c09-6530a9e11786%3Aamzn1.sym.53aae2ac-0129-49a5-9c09-6530a9e11786&hsa_cr_id=6360587880901&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=8b45397f-d00a-44a8-bce6-2e2b78d8e347&pd_rd_w=ViVSp&pd_rd_wg=Jo5iD&qid=1662317401&sr=1-2-a094db1c-5033-42c6-82a2-587d01f975e8&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=abc6f1090dd898a449d7fe1433a80843&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Rice Cream https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GPBH6G2?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=68430cddf5a2b4835fbc9407ac345499&content-id=amzn1.sym.53aae2ac-0129-49a5-9c09-6530a9e11786%3Aamzn1.sym.53aae2ac-0129-49a5-9c09-6530a9e11786&hsa_cr_id=6360587880901&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=74a36555-2727-47af-80a5-2781bd25197f&pd_rd_w=37NIF&pd_rd_wg=0tckm&qid=1662317494&sr=1-1-a094db1c-5033-42c6-82a2-587d01f975e8&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=cf777264656e46d2da1dab40a860ed07&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Brightening Serum https://www.amazon.com/First-Aid-Beauty-Brightening-Sensitive/dp/B0B7P4QSKZ?crid=2X5BKRFDVZB1X&keywords=beauty&qid=1662317494&sprefix=beauty%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVTNISlQ5UjVFRDZYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDM3MTY4MVdBNzBYUktWWDg0SiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjc3NDIxMUxPTklRUzNJQjJWMSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU%3D&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=b4729334a836f4cd0bc0e385be470a1b&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Brazilian Bum Bum Cream https://www.amazon.com/SOL-JANEIRO-Brazilian-Cream-75ml/dp/B01EXQ582Q?crid=2X5BKRFDVZB1X&keywords=beauty&qid=1662317494&sprefix=beauty%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-7&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=064fdb7e3ee09bf10c4d11179b730ba1&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Rare Beauty Liquid Blush https://www.amazon.com/Rare-Beauty-Pinch-Liquid-Blush/dp/B08KFQ6S52?crid=2X5BKRFDVZB1X&keywords=beauty&qid=1662317494&sprefix=beauty%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-9&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=3d839003f6c62f650a5ecc71836599cd&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Mighty Patch Hero Cosmetics https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Patch-Surface-Best-Selling-Hydrocolloid/dp/B07KJXFJHF?content-id=amzn1.sym.6aca3878-50d4-416a-bced-87a0bb72e8e0%3Aamzn1.sym.6aca3878-50d4-416a-bced-87a0bb72e8e0&crid=2X5BKRFDVZB1X&cv_ct_cx=beauty&keywords=beauty&pd_rd_i=B07KJXFJHF&pd_rd_r=70390e07-0144-4d28-9388-28d4934d6939&pd_rd_w=jQXQa&pd_rd_wg=GEHTt&pf_rd_p=6aca3878-50d4-416a-bced-87a0bb72e8e0&pf_rd_r=T3RKX0BQACH46SJGRHGP&qid=1662317494&sprefix=beauty%2Caps%2C69&sr=1-1-aee76b37-2095-49a1-a654-4a2b792cbfdb-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVTNISlQ5UjVFRDZYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDY0MTYwM09WU1VEMDcxWVRBRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjY0ODI3TUNER1E2VTRCR0dGJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3Bfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ%3D%3D&linkCode=ll1&tag=mywebsite071a-20&linkId=af1ffc438a2061764ae1b388a0e92da3&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Some blog posts you might like:
- Monday thoughts with Sylvester https://syl65.wordpress.com/2022/09/05/mondaythoughts-you-are-so-much-more
- Angel Messages with Annette https://annetterochelleaben.wordpress.com/2022/09/05/angel-messages-sep-5-2022/
- Smorgasboard Invitation https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2022/09/05/smorgasbord-blog-magazine-spiritual-awareness-empaths-and-energy-sucking-vampires-and-narcissists-by-d-g-kaye/
- Rosie Amber https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2022/09/05/%f0%9f%93%9athis-author-dares-to-be-different-debiejennifer-reviews-dark-urbanfantasy-legacy-witches-by-casskaywrites-for-rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt/ When Vienna Roots returns home to Salem for her mother’s funeral after a decade away, she expects a short trip. Bury the old witch, sell the family home, try not to let the ghosts of her ancestors or the demon haunting its walls get in the way of the sale, and get back to her life in Boston. No, she does not want to get involved in the tangled, occult politics of her hometown. No, she has no intention of taking over her mother’s place, or practicing her family’s particular brand of brutal magic. No, she doesn’t want to get the police involved. But when Vienna finds a hand in a drawer, and an unexpected specter haunting one of the upstairs bathrooms, she knows this quick trip home isn’t going to be nearly as fast or as simple as she’d hoped.
- Monday Funnies https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2022/09/05/monday-funnies/
- Story Empire https://storyempire.com/2022/09/05/a-labor-of-love/
- The first Monday in September is Labor Day in the US, a day to pay tribute to the contributions and achievements of those people in our past who strove to make our country and the world a safer and more just place to work. We also honor those who continue to show up every day and contribute their efforts to our mutual ongoing success. Where would we be without them?
- Wordcraft Poetry https://wordcraftpoetry.com/2022/09/05/tankatuesday-poetry-stars-no-287-shareyourday/