- http://www.autumnwriting.com/writing-the-big-epic-fantasy-scenes-tips-and-tricks/ I pretty much follow this advice, using deep pov and sticking with one character from one chapter and then move to the alternate character in the next which allows for the next scene of the battle. I only use two povs though, not an antagonist’s. It’s hard to get a reader to care too much to stick with chapters done in the antagonist’s pov, I think.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/22/when-a-series-goes-dark/ Do you start off planning for your stories to take a dark turn or does it just happen? Mine got darker as I go back and edit. I see it going even darker in the books ahead.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/21/ichabod-brooks-teasers/ A serialization of a story.
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/write-better-character-description-said-the-63-tall-349-pound-bald-writer-with-brown-eyes-and-glasses-who-was-a-male-human/ How caught up in describing a character do you get?
- https://saraletourneauwriter.com/2017/03/21/creativity-corner-winter-2017/ Sometimes life throws us curves.
- http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2017/03/how-to-respond-to-criticism.html Keep calm and don’t act in a manner you’ll regret.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/writing-books-with-overlapping-timelines/ Plot both books first.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/phone-didnt-ring-tuesday-weve-got-consolation-prizes-and-chocolate/ Didn’t get in for the Golden Heart? Take heart! A lot of romance writers didn’t make the cut.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/welcome-new-golden-heart-and-rita-finalists-2/ 2017 Finalists.
- https://stevelaube.com/audio-audio-wherefore-art-thou-audio/ What to do with audio rights.
- https://stevelaube.com/writing-deeper-story/ There are layers to stories. How many is up to you.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/why-it-takes-village-to-write-novel.html It takes more input then yours to write a novel.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/everywhere-story.html The tidbits that make up the stories.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/23/imagining-1870s-paris/ Pictures of the aristocratic family Noisette.
- http://www.theresahuppauthor.com/blog/2017/03/22/elizabeth-markham-one-womans-perspective-on-the-oregon-trail-and-on-matrimony/ Life on the Oregon trail. Could it drive you mad?
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/21/successful-historical-fiction-questions-for-readers-and-bloggers/ Questions on historical fiction.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-139-adam-nevill-on-haunted-house-stories-online-book-launches-and-book-signings/ Third and final part of interview.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/this-is-horror-awards-2016-the-winners/ The Fisherman by John Langan is Novel of the Year!
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/5-must-read-horror-articles-20-march-2017/ Buffy the Vampire show turns 20 this month! One of my favorite shows! The characters inspired a lot of fiction I wrote.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/03/24/give-your-readership-a-massive-boost-with-instafreebie/ Want to grow your mailing list? Try this!
- https://teripolen.com/2017/03/22/new-swag/comment-page-1/ What do you think?
- http://annerallen.com/your-author-blog-what-should-an-author-blog-about/ Some ideas on blog topics. I think you kind of have to discover for yourself what works and what doesn’t. Some posts hit, some don’t.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/03/what-we-can-learn-from-chuck-berry.html He was original in all things and wrote what he understands: a simple story is best.
- http://www.suecoletta.com/music-in-fiction/ An insight into using music to spark creativity.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/its-only-an-illusion/ Do you let superstition rule you?
- https://maeclair.net/2017/03/22/the-end-in-mind/ How clear is your ending at the beginning?
- http://www.suecoletta.com/nature-vs-nurture-drives-people-kill/ What do you think drives people to murder? I think some people are just born “evil,” for whatever reason.
- https://saraflower.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/sally-chapter-thirteen/ A jealousy bid.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/dear-lisa-vol-2-on-lisaburtonradio/ Lisa answers some letters!
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/chapterbuzz-update7/ The next jungle scene!
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/haiku-friday-breeze-blow/ Lilith’s story.
- https://journeytoambeth.com/2017/03/23/writephoto-the-wasting/ A proper wasting.
- https://johnwhowell.com/2017/03/21/tuesday-anything-possible-kreative-kue-115-by-keith-channing/ Ringing phone.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/21/awakening-dawn-a-haibun-worldpoetryday/ The temporary detour.
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/03/25/meet-guest-author-paul-scott-bates/ Poetry and depression.
- http://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/25/a-new-day-dawns-a-tanka/ Rising dawn.
- https://saraletourneauwriter.com/2017/03/23/thursday-thoughtfulness-march-23-2017/ Captain of your fate.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/vendor-spotlight-pronoun-distribution.html Has anyone used this vendor for their books? It’s supposed to be good for the technophobe, which I am. Lol.
- https://kobowritinglife.com/2017/03/24/the-day-i-decided-to-stop-chasing-the-bestseller-lists/ Does chasing bestselling lists do any good?
- https://kobowritinglife.com/2017/03/23/author-experience-jason-currie-on-cover-design/ Cover design.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/03/22/5-creative-ways-to-battle-writers-block/ Reading and watching something usually work for me. What works for you?
- https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2017/03/pulling-it-together-editing-your-ebook/ Some advice on formatting your ebook.
- https://nailyournovel.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/slow-burn-books-publishing-misfits-and-separation-anxiety-interview-at-henry-hydes-blog/ Choosing your own path.
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/03/the-novel-that-isnt-a-novel-do-you-really-have-a-story/ Do you have an imposter novel? How to tell.
- https://janefriedman.com/produce-emotional-response/ Three different modes for storytelling. Inner. Outer, and Other. Do you use all three?
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/revision-workshop-day-twenty-four.html Revise any unnecessary passive voice.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/03/give-your-characters-a-do-over/ Do your characters have a chance to right a wrong ala Back to the Future?
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/03/22/so-you-wanna-be-a-professional-writer-some-considerations/ Why do you want to be a writer? A question we all need to answer for ourselves.
- http://kriswrites.com/2017/03/22/business-musings-data-diving/ The most important thing? The next project.
- https://janefriedman.com/5-things-nonfiction-authors-can-get-sued/ Is nonfiction a legal battleground?
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/20/the-crafting-of-an-editorial-letter/ What to expect in an editorial letter.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/03/24/on-work-for-hire-as-a-humble-novelist/ Doesn’t sound like a good idea. You lose the rights and don’t make much.
- https://chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/first-five-frenzy-with-tracy-marchini-of-bookends-literary-agency/ An agent’s perspective on what it takes in the first five pages.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/24/interview-with-editor-brian-geffen/ One editor’s behind the scenes peek.
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/03/24/formatting-pt-4-creating-new-scrivener-presets/ Using pre-set styles in Scrivener.
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/daily-post-50/ Live in the now.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/a-down-sizing/ Something so stressful should be covered by insurances.
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/03/character-motivation-entry-protecting-ones-home-or-property/ Something important for us all and a definite conflict for character/s.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/be-inspired-by-people-who-are-generous-and-kind-inspiration-grateful/ Who inspires you?
- https://stacitroilo.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/curated-content-2/ Links for this week.
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/the-colour-of-life-how-the-stable-was-built-in-1936-by-geoff-cronin/ What believe can do.
- https://jolenemottern.com/2017/03/24/subtly-subpar-sub/ A day in the life of a substitute teacher.
- https://scvincent.com/2017/03/25/a-touch-of-tenderness/ I wish we could turn back to the days, too, of a slow grief process instead of rushing through it.
- https://shelleywilsonauthor.com/2017/03/22/does-everyone-have-a-book-in-them-wwwblogs-selfpublishing/ Yes, but not everyone has the motivation to write one. Do you?
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/22/useful-sites-for-the-novice-writer-medium/ Website and submission for new writers.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/22/introducing-patrice-caldwell/ Life as an editorial assistant.
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/03/do-some-people-lack-the-talent-to-be-authors/ Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work—Stephen King.
- https://chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/quite-the-query-laura-rueckert-and-a-dragonbird-in-the-fern/ Take a look at this successful query.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/03/build-a-strong-online-brand/ I think it’s important to be yourself. Let who you are come out as an old friend to your reader, that’s how I think you interest fans.