- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/announcing-women-in-sff-month-2017-week-1-schedule/ Guests this week include Rin Chupeco, T. Frohock, Reney, Sarah Ash, and Cassandra Rose Clarke.
- https://ultimatefantasywritersguide.com/v2st/ Why you might fail in writing your book.
- http://www.magicalwords.net/roundup/magical-words-link-roundup-4-3-2017/ What do you think about the pressure to write fast? Regardless if your traditional or Indie?
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/in-search-of-self-discipline/ Do you set yourself to a certain number of words each day? I’m more likely to try for half a chapter, sometimes a whole one or more if the flows good. I tried pages a day, I had increased to seven with a goal of ten but never reached it. I’m more comfortable with the approach I do now. Sometimes even just getting down a sentence is progress.
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/women-in-sff-month-cassandra-rose-clarke/ Author of Star’s End on trying to find girl’s books that were full of action.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/04/06/luke-delvin-timoran-dariana-friends-and-family-in-arms/ Getting to know some characters.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRXkQHL1Hq4&feature=em-subs_digest Energy & Flow.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/04/vlog-4-things-ive-learned-since-getting.html Have an elevator pitch ready.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/04/jonathan-maberry-author-of-mars-one-on.html On following your dreams. Learn your craft. Keep at it.
- http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2017/04/agentopia-kate-testerman-and-linda.html Two agents and what they’re looking for.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/04/how-i-kept-writing-after-my-muse-died.html Someday they’ll say it never happened.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/04/07/writing-captivity-scenes-by-rayne-hall/ Notice sounds, smells, and the cold.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/no-contest/ What happens if contests disappear?
- http://www.superauthors.com/2017/04/the-name-game.html The plight of choosing a character name.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/lesson-on-cruise-ship.html Are you providing your readers with quality?
- https://stevelaube.com/find-new-clients/ Agent answers the question where he meets most new clients.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/create-awesome-marketing-planpart-2.html Speaking and media gigs.
- http://www.booksandsuch.com/blog/are-you-podcasting-yet/ Interested in podcasting? It may build your audience.
- https://writerofftheleash.blogspot.com/2017/04/what-to-do-before-research-trip.html Narrow things down.
- http://www.booksandsuch.com/blog/recovering-meeting-misstep/ A faux pas can be fixed. See these tips.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/02/preparing-for-vimy-ridge/ Canadians take Vimy Ridge in WW1.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/07/opening-hours-of-vimy-ridge/ Excerpts from three historical novels on battle.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/08/battle-unfolds-vimy-ridge-april-2017/ Action begins.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-141-betty-rocksteady-on-weird-fiction-research-and-outlining/ Part 2 of the conversation.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-140-betty-rocksteady-on-like-jagged-teeth-bizarro-and-arachnophile/ Part 1 of the interview.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/fragmentfriday-spennyriver-edition/ News on the weird side.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/news-round-up-week-ending-7-april-2017/ Scotland’s festival for the dead. And Islamic Exorcist.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/how-a-pantser-learned-to-plot/ Can a system help you?
- http://annerallen.com/slow-writers-doomed-in-digital-age/ Do you write slow or fast? I tend to write on the slow side though I used to be faster. I slowed down because I wanted to put out a quality product. Rushing to put down words just puts down useless words for me.
- https://maeclair.net/2017/04/07/staci-troilo-with-a-deleted-scene-from-bleeding-heart-storyempireroadshow/ Do you have trouble with figuring out where to begin a story? I rewrite mine dozens of times usually.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/i-am-a-latter-day-saint/ LDS in crime fiction.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/04/knowing-the-year.html Do you have dreams like this?
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/meet-frankie/ Picking out a new member of the family.
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/haiku-friday-chagrin-joy/ Three for one.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/this-bookmobile-has-copies-of-interludes/ Can Stella get her green card?
- https://storyempire.com/2017/04/07/curated-content-040717/ The links for the week.
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/04/07/editing-101-32-sentence-length/ Check out the longest sentence length ever written!
- http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2017/04/07/writing-validation/ Can winning an award give you validation?
- http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2017/04/06/make-more-money-with-books-lbf2017/ How to increase your profits. Indie or traditional.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/04/indie-publishing-paths-whats-your.html How to build a committed subscriber list.
- https://janefriedman.com/lists-inform-writing/ Can to-do lists help your writing?
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/04/use-powerful-hooks-to-snag-reader.html Deliver on your promise.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/04/struggling-with-your-plot-heres-a-fun-way-to-learn-story-structure/ Choose books you’ve read and enjoy. I’ve used some I didn’t like as well, just to get a feel for what I didn’t want to bring to my own work.
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/04/finding-fulfillment-in-giving-back/ Great one for a character to have! Lots to do with this!
- http://www.livewritethrive.com/2017/04/06/what-to-say-and-do-during-a-literary-agent-1-2-1/ Three scenarios.
- https://ultimatefantasywritersguide.com/st3v/ Video 3 Go the distance!
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/04/02/the-single-most-useful-editing-tool-ive-used-naturalreader/ Would you benefit from a tool that will read your story aloud?
- http://writeitforward.com/on-leadership-and-respect/ Wise thoughts.
- https://janefriedman.com/second-act-novelist-6-ways-prepare/ Looking to start a writing career when you retire?
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/04/so-your-character-is-from-wales.html Get to know someone from Wales.
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/04/choose-your-pain-hobbyist-vs-professional-author/ Which do you write for? Yourself or to publish?
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/writer-in-residence-extra-sea-sick-mary-and-what-men-want-by-paul-andruss/ Marmalade and quinces, a fruit I’ve never heard of.
- https://scvincent.com/2017/04/07/when-wrinkles-rankle/ Should we cringe at what society considers old or press on despite it?
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/just-saying-03-04/ Living dreams.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/04/07/emotional-beats-analogies-metaphors-and-similes-part-2/ Check these out!
- https://journeytoambeth.com/2017/04/06/writespiration-52-words-in-52-weeks-the-girl-in-the-black-hood/ A red riding hood prompt.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the-scales/ Today’s award system. Good or bad?
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2017/04/like-riding-a-bike.html Most things in life require falling and getting back up. So, so true.
- https://jessicabakkers.com/2017/04/07/is-the-wrong-career-feeding-your-black-dog/ Do you ignore your dream by working at something that makes you unhappy?
- https://sdgateswriter.com/2017/04/07/e-edgy-and-exhausted/ Struggling with weight is something the majority of us have to do. Let’s not pretend it’s easy.
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/the-colour-of-life-the-price-of-a-habit-1937-by-geoff-cronin/ Farm life and the business of grief.